Foursquare Disaster Relief (FDR), in partnership with the Foursquare districts and local Foursquare churches, is offering a 16 hour Disaster Relief Training, which will help to qualify Foursquare pastors, ministers, and church members to become first responders in disaster or crisis situations (local, regional, national). The cost for this training is typically $200.00, but Foursquare Disaster Relief is offering this training at a discounted price of $100.00 for early bird (through July 27) and $125.00 for regular registration (after July 27).
Attendees will walk away from the two day training with:
- the ability to know their role in crisis response
- how to minister and stay out of the incident
- how to help in organizing in the midst of chaos
- who the other agencies are and how to operate within them
- how to build a local team of responders in your church and throughout your community
- how to be certified to be that first responder.
Additionally, they would become a part of a more mature, better trained, fruitful, involved and relevant group of leaders.
To qualify to be let through the “gate” by FEMA, this Disaster Relief Training is required. There is an additional free online course that must be completed after the training to become a certified responder. This will be discussed more in the class.
Those in attendance will also receive occasional email updates about Foursquare Disaster Relief work and opportunities to serve, give, and/or get involved on the field.